Friday, March 15, 2013

And in a flash...



Jude is one year old!  How did that happen?  I know everyone always says that, but seriously.  I feel like we JUST did his newborn photos.  The last year has gone by faster than I could have imagined.  And I feel like it has been one of the best, albeit busiest, years of my life.  I felt so much more laid back this time around with all the things that come with having a newborn.  I just enjoyed it and tried to relish it!  And who could have possibly known I needed a baby boy?  I wanted a girl so bad I cried at my sonogram when I found out.  But God knew better!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE having a boy.  And I just love the dynamic of having one of each now.  Isabella loves him so much and they already will play together.  It is so sweet!

For Jude's birthday we decided to have a Beatle's themed party.  I mean his name is Jude after all.  But Jason got the inspiration from the cover of this Beatles album...


It is their number one hits and so we figured it went great with the 1 year theme!  We decided to just do immediate family for the party so it would just be a small intimate party.  I actually planned to really do it up, even still, but you know how sometimes things just sneak up on you?  Yeah, that happened.  But we at least had some Beatles themed food, some gifts and even balloons.

Isabella helped Jude open his gifts...


I think she enjoyed opening the gifts more than he did...
 

Jude's favorite thing was the balloons...


Grammy and Poppy got him a birthday hat, but we didn't have much luck keeping it on!


New trucks Aunt Amanda and Uncle Jared got him...


 Jude with Poppy...


Some of our Beatle's themed food...






Here is the lovely cake that Society Bakery made us.  They googled the album cover so they knew just what to make.  Love them!


I remember Isabella was very timid with her smash cake.  Just little tastes here and there.  Well, Jude not so much.  This was his first bite...


Then Isabella got involved pretty quickly...


 And then we had this mess...


Note to everyone.  Do not use a cake with solid RED icing for a smash cake!  Lesson learned.  We were cleaning red icing out out the carpet, off the floor and walls for a while.  I just yesterday saw some on the ceiling in our kitchen!  Haha, but it was fun.  I think the party was a success, even if it wasn't a huge party.  It was nice to be able to just sit and talk with our families.

Happy Birthday Jude!  We love you so much!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...