Sunday, February 3, 2013

Walt Disney World 2012

In November, Isabella, my mom, Amanda and I went on a Disney girls trip.  We started our trip at Walt Disney World for a couple of days, then went on a 4 day cruise on the Disney Dream.  It was such a special trip, because my sister is expecting and so who knows when we will get to do something like that again.

We stayed at the Polynesian Resort in a theme park view room.  It was my first time to stay here and I had always wanted to.  It did NOT disappoint!  We could walk out on our balcony and see the castle in the morning or the fireworks in the evening.

Here are some views from our room...






I am such a nerd, but I love towel animals in the rooms.  I get so excited when I come back and there are little towel creatures waiting for me!



The first day, we got in, Isabella and I rushed over to the Magic Kingdom just to get a couple of rides in before dinner.  We went just before the New Fantasyland expansion opened, so we didn't get to see that, but we did see the new Dumbo with the kids play area and we rode the Barnstormer, which I had never ridden before.  I wasn't sure how Isabella would like a roller coaster, even though it is pretty tame, but she was just giggling the whole time!!  She LOVED it.  If she had been tall enough to ride Big Thunder, I think she would have.  Next time!

The first night we went to dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian hotel.  They do a dinner with the characters from Cinderella, whom Bella was obsessed with at the time!  She wore her Cinderella outfit from Halloween.  The dinner was a buffet and the food was really good!  You just ate at your own pace and waited for the characters to come around.  The story behind the dinner is that you are at the prince and Cinderella's engagement party.  So before they start walking around they come out and dance first.
   

The first to come around was the prince.  This picture cracks me up!  Makes me a little worried for things in the future too...


Next up was Cinderella...


Next came the Stepmother.  Bella kept saying all night "I think the Stepmother is really nice, just not to Cinderella".  I think she was just trying to psych herself up to not be scared.  I think she was still a little intimidated...



The Stepsisters were hilarious.  Bells had her little dolls with her and they threw a fit over dolls that looked like them.



The next morning we went to Epcot.  I was so hoping Isabella would get to ride Soarin', but she is just a little too short, so I figured we would just see how lenient the cast member working the ride was.  I think luck was with us because she was being super strict, but somehow mistook Bella for a girl she had already measured and waved us through.  We were like 'walk fast'!!  So she totally got to ride it!  It is so fun to experience things for the first time with her.  She is a lot like me in that she gets SO excited about things, and I love it.

We had a quick breakfast at Sunshine Seasons, which is my favorite counter service meal in the whole of WDW.


Bella has been in to this pose where she puts her hands under her chin, so we have lots of pictures like this.


Mom and Isabella in front of the ball at Epcot!



We went back over to the Magic Kinddom later, because Amanda was meeting us there that day.  One of Isabella's favorite rides was the Magic Carpets of Aladdin.  There is a camel that spits on you and I got soaked because I didn't know it was coming.  She thought that was about the funniest thing ever and kept trying to steer us to the camel's level every time.


Towards the end of the day, she was pooped!


That night she got to see the Main Street Electric Parade while eating a Casey's Corner hot dog.  A great way to end the night!  Next up was the cruise...

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...