Thursday, April 5, 2018

I'm Baaaaack

Hello out there in cyberland!  I am pretty sure the only people who have blogs any more are like famous people who have cookbooks or are crafty, and I am neither of those people (yet), but I have decided to revive my blog, mainly because of the fact that I am about to turn 40, so Jason and I are going to New Zealand for two weeks!!  The reason I started my blog in the first place was really more for myself and to have a place to capture my thoughts because otherwise they fly right out of my brain and I never hear from them again.  I started it because of trips I was about to take, so what better reason to bring it back than another trip that I really don't want to forget, right?

Now not to brag, but even though I did start it really for myself, I did end up with almost 20 people following.  Wait, how many followers DO you have to have to be a celebrity blogger?  I should look in to some product placement advertisements.  Anyway, probably none of those people have been checking back to see if I have updated in a while.  And really those people are the people that I was following back, and after going back through all the blogs I followed, I realized I was not the only one to abandon blog world in the last few years.  I think I have only one faithful blogger friend left (hi Lacey!). 

It was pretty fun to go back and look at the old blogs I used to follow.  It was like everyone was posting their merry little lives away and then one day stopped.  No one had put like 'hey this is my last blog ever...it's been fun!'.  It was like 'you won't believe what little Johnny and I saw at the zoo today', and then they dropped off the face of the planet.  I mean that is exactly what I did.  Actually in one of my last blogs I talked about a surprise coming that I would announce SOON, and then I just quit.  The funny thing was that the surprise was that I was going to start ANOTHER blog totally dedicated to travel.  Excuse me while I laugh myself silly thinking I had the time for that.  But who knows, maybe one day I will start that blog up.  Wait, does Samantha Brown have a blog?  Maybe I do still have a chance at that celebrity thing! 

I have honestly been a little hesitant to start a new post for the first time in five years.  There is a very real chance that this is the last post I ever write.  However, I am basically trying to motivate myself to keep writing and tracking those memories that are no longer actually in my brain.  Going through my blog it has been funny to read old posts and literally have no memory of writing it at all or even experiencing what I was talking about in the post.  Mom brain is real y'all. 

So here is my bloggal (like verbal only through a blog) commitment to you my reader (hi sister!).  I will do my utmost to try to keep it up and especially to try to track my New Zealand trip.  It is my #1 place in the entire world I have wanted to go and I am SO SO excited.  I am also the hugest Lord of the Rings nerd that I know, so I am taking classes in Elvish before I leave so I can be ready in the very real possible case that I encounter Legolas.

Ok, first blog post in 5 years done.  Whew, that was easier than I thought it was going to be.  Sometimes a giant leap starts with a small step...or something like that...right?  Ok, peeps, gonna go now.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...