Friday, June 13, 2008

TGIF

So, this is my first post that really has no purpose. I have just promised to start writing more about what has been going on with me and Jason. So I will start writing more, but bear with me as I get a feel of how to just write about random occurrences as opposed to specific ideas or happenings. I am a little OCD, in case you couldn't tell, and setting out to write a post without an outline or guiding premise is a little daunting for me, but I will just commence with my usual rambling and see how it goes.

We have been having some remodeling done on our bathrooms, both master and guest, and so that sort of took up our whole weekend last weekend and has us living out of our downstairs bathroom until the tile guy comes next week. They took off all the hideous early 90's wallpaper and textured the walls last week, at which time they also ripped out the toilets from the wall and floor. They can't be replaced until the tile is down, plus we have no mirrors on the walls so we are having to get ready and do everything in our tiny half bath. Kind of weird, but I am excited for when they are done. It is going to look SO much better. We have almost all our fixtures replaced, we just still need new light fixtures and mirrors. It is really dang hard to find huge mirrors for a bathroom that aren't $1000. We also bought paint this week and started taping everything so we can paint this weekend hopefully, if the tile guy isn't here.

Other than dealing with the bathrooms, we went to see Mates of State Wednesday night. They are sort of my newest favorite band. I discovered them on Myspace because they cover this song of Phantom Planet's called California. I love that song and they covered it well so after listening to them mostly on myspace for a while I finally bought all their CDs and now totally love them. They will be at ACL this year too. So anyway, me and some friends met at Gloria's before the show and ate there. It made me miss living down there so much. We used to eat at Gloria's weekly just about, and the one in Addison just isn't the same. I ate about three bowls of the bean dip by myself - it's SO good - and me and Jason split the sour cream chicken enchiladas - also SO good. We headed over to the show around 8:30ish I think and the second band, Black Joe Lewis, was already on. I actually ran in to an old friend of mine who writes really good reviews of shows/music/etc, so instead of writing what I am sure would be a piss poor review, I will just give you the link to his.

http://www.douchebagface.com/index.php/2008/06/12/headlights-black-joe-lewis-mates-of-state-granada-61108

Pretty good no? Anyway, my review is that the show was awesome. They sang my two favorite songs - Goods and The Re-Arranger - so that made my week for sure.

Yesterday, I was super tired from staying out so late. We were supposed to meet some friends downtown somewhere for an outdoor concert thing, but I fell asleep around 5 and didn't wake up until about 7 and was just not feeling too much like it. So instead I put in season 3 of Veronica Mars and continued to watch that while eating my dinner of cereal in my PJs. Then I had dreams all night about being friends with the cast of VM and how they went to Tyler with me for a party with my friends from high school. Annnd I am pretty sure I was dating Piz from season 3. Weird, but I'm not gonna lie - I pretty much always dream about VM characters when I am in marathon VM watching mode. I am almost done watching season 3 and I am getting sad cause I know it is almost over. Again. I will give myself some time and then start watching from Season 1 again. After all, NONE of my summer shows are on this summer. Entourage and Big Love both are on hiatus until fall or spring. Blah. Although, I am sort of loving So You Think You Can Dance. My friend Lacey turned me on to it and man those people are talented. But that is another blog for another time...

So how did I do on my first non subject blog? Were you bored? Spellbound? Comments? Suggestions?

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Great job Kelli! I understand how you have the VM dreams...I tend to do the same thing each Saturday night after an America's Next Top Model marathon. Is my life sad or what?

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...