Thursday, June 19, 2008

My very belated birthday party

Ok, so remember a few blogs ago when I talked about Lake Como and how I celebrated my birthday there? Well, my birthday was technically May 11. However, I always do something to celebrate with my girlfriends, and seeing as how it was my 30th birthday we definitely had to do something big right? Jason keeps reminding me how we were in Italy and saw the Last Supper on my birthday. Ok, yeah, that was pretty big, but it is my 30th birthday! I need my friends to comfort me. =)

So, my friend KC rocks my socks off and she said she would throw me a party at her house. Her pool parties are my favorite thing every summer anyway, so I knew it would be greatness! She and her man Tom decided on a Regatta yachting theme. She even sent out formal invitations. Pretty fancy no? So I sort of felt like a fraud having my birthday party over a month after my actual birthday, but I got over it. =)

So my party was this past Saturday and it rocked! KC had gotten all these cute sailing themed decorations, like life preservers and anchors and even these cute straws that had boats on them. It actually rained some that morning so I was a little nervous, but it cleared off and ended up being a perfect day for a pool party. Tom had invented a game called Beergata (get it? Regatta + Beer?) so we played a couple rounds of that and Mikey had brought this torpedo thing that lended hours of under water amusement. We also tried to have boat races in the pool, but one of the boats broke so that didn't work out so well. I would also like to brag on my watermelon seed spitting skills. I'm pretty sure I won, although everyone kept SAYING they couldn't see where mine went. You don't have to be jealous guys! ;)

As far as food, well Tamra usually makes this stuff called Fiesta dip and it is my fave and a must have at pool parties, but she was in Chicago, so Lacey was kind enough to make that AND her famous chicken dip. Then KC had gotten these cheddar brats that were so dang tasty! Shawna made the cutest dessert. It was a ring of cupcakes, held together on top with frosting going all the way around made to look like a life preserver! I was trying to post a picture of it, but I am at work and some silly firewall isn't letting me upload pictures to my Flickr account. Do they really think their network security is more important than my blogging? What's that? I am actually supposed to be working? Oh well, another time maybe.

So basically my birthday party was awesome, and now we are back to trying to redo our bathrooms. We finally got the tile in and the toilets put back in. We started painting last night and will try to finish that tonight, as well as maybe hang a mirror or light fixture. We still have lots to do, but I promise to post some before and after pictures when they are done. It can only look better than it did before so I am excited!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...