Friday, June 20, 2008

That's it, I'm not having kids

Boomer
Boomer,
originally uploaded by Sooner Trent.
So Boomer had to go to the vet today. He had a little red bump on his tummy that had just appeared a couple of weeks ago and seemed to be getting bigger so I felt like I needed to get it checked out. We had an appointment for today and a little before the appointment I was playing with him and felt two more bumps under his arms! So I load him up and we go down the street to the vet. First of all, we board him here sometimes so he isn't happy to be here in the first place, thinking I am going to leave him. Then we head in to an exam room where the guy who works there pokes and prods him just to get a feel for what I am talking about. He let's Boomer down off the table and is asking me if he has been acting normal otherwise, and if he is eating and going to the bathroom regularly. At this point, as if on cue, I look over and Boomer is going #2 right in the middle of the office! My first reaction was to say 'no!', but then I had to restrain myself from cracking up. It was so funny! He was like 'here let me show you'. So hilarious. So not only is my dog the cutest dog in the world (yes he is, and all of you who are tempted to post a comment saying no, YOUR dog is cuter, save it. you're wrong.), he also has a sense of humor. Who knew?

Anyway, so then the guy comes back with the doctor and Boomer runs under my chair to hide. We have to drag him out and then the doctor proceeds to aspirate (nice word for sticking a needle in and drawing cells from) the bumps. Boomer was such a champ, but I almost passed out. One of the bumps started bleeding afterward and I almost died. So this is my question. How am I supposed to have kids? I can't even handle my dog getting injected, what if a doctor tries to give my child a shot and I cold cock him? Not kidding. I am worried about this. I guess parents just learn to live with this stuff?

Anyway, just so you know, Boomer is fine. The two lumps under his arms are nothing but random fat deposits and the bump on the stomach is an infection, for which he got a shot of steroids and some antibiotics. That's right, my dog's on steroids. =)

On a totally separate note and for no other reason but to let the world know what a total nerd I am, I would like to tell you what just came in the mail for me. An electronic dictionary/translator! I always wish I had a dictionary when I am reading and don't know what a word means so i wanted to get a pocket dictionary to have in my purse. But I also am always wondering how to say things in Spanish, and lately Italian, and this also translates Spanish, German, Italian...and a couple other languages. Pretty cool huh? What's that? It's not cool? Oh well, I don't care.

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...