Thursday, April 9, 2009

No News

Well, I am still pregnant. I keep thinking I am going to go in to labor at any second, but nothing has happened yet. I had a few of the braxton hicks contractions on Tuesday so I thought maybe that was a sign of something, but no. Went to the doctor today and basically no news. Everything is fine. Blood pressures good and my stomach is the right size and my weight gain is still ok. She said I could go in to labor any time or if not I will probably be induced on April 20. I really would rather not be induced, just because I know chances of a C Section go up with that and I would like to avoid that at all costs. But then my doctor said that the longer I wait to induce the chances of it go up anyway because the baby gets bigger and bigger. So, basically if I have not had this baby by April 20, I will probably be induced then.

I have been off work for almost two weeks now and it has been GREAT. I have gotten so many little things done that I wanted to get done and have totally cleaned the house reallly well. There are a couple of cabinets I would like to clean out if I have time, but I have gotten all the major stuff done that I wanted to. It is sort of amazing, though, how fast your house gets dirty. I mean I feel like I have been cleaning my butt off for the last week and a half and I am finally done, yet somehow new dust has started to settle on the furniture. It is never ending I tell you. So I guess tomorrow maybe I will start over again on the cleaning? It would be something to keep me busy at least so I don't get bored.

Today I went to see The Great Buck Howard at the Magnolia before my doctor's appt. It was really cute I thought. It is about Colin Hanks (Tom's son if you didn't know) and how he hates being in law school so he drops out and gets a job as Buck Howard's road manager. Buck Howard - played by John Malcovich - is an aging 'mentalist', which basically means magician. He is sort of past his prime, but used to be really famous and it is just sort of about their journey together. Tom Hanks actually plays Colin's dad in the movie so that is kind of fun to see them together. Anyway, I would recommend it if you want something light, and I think it was pretty short too. A couple other good movies I have seen lately were I Love You, Man- so funny! - and Gomorra, which is an Italian movie about this group called the Camorra in Italy. They are an organized crime group and the movie is based on this book by Roberto Saviano (I think that is his name) who is now in hiding for the rest of his life because the Camorra are actually after him. Crazy stuff, but interesting. Definitely not what I would call a 'light' movie, but really good.

Hmm, not much else to say I guess. I just really hope the baby comes in the next few days because my doctor is out of town starting next Tuesday until the following Sunday! I am sure whoever delivers her will be great, but I would, of course, prefer to have my doctor cause she is awesome. =) Hope everyone is having a great day! The weather is gorgeous so enjoy!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...