Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Music on Good Friday

Today has been a good music day. Do you ever have those? Where you just hear all these songs that you love and some of which you haven't heard in a while? Today it just seems like I keep hearing all these songs that make me in such a good mood so it got me thinking about other songs like that and then I got this list going in my head that I felt the need to share with all of you. Not to mention the fact that I am home with nothing to do but wait for Isabella to decide she is ready to join the outside world. =)

So anyway, I don't claim to be any sort of music critic or to be very 'hip' when it comes to music. I just like what I like and I always like to hear new suggestions for music from friends. So I am just going to list some random songs that I love, and if you are at work, bored and looking for something fun to occupy your time, maybe you want to go track these songs down on iTunes or something. I would also like to challenge anyone reading this to post a comment with a song or ten that you love that might not be on my radar. I don't even care if I don't know you, or whatever. I read lots of peoples blogs who don't know me or at least don't know I am reading their blog. I would just be flattered that you find this little blog interesting in any way, shape or form. Ok, enough rambling from me, here is my list of random songs I either heard recently or that I was thinking of that you may not have heard that I love...

Dixie Chicks - Taking the Long Way - Title song from their latest CD - please don't stop reading my list if you are an anti-DC person =)
David Bowie - Golden Years - this is the song that Heath Ledger and Shannon Sossaman (sp?) dance to in A Knight's Tale, if you have seen that movie
Tracy Chapman - Fast Car - one of my alltime favorite songs ever
Copeland - Should You Return - sort of a recent find for me...good for mellow/melancholy days
John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads - this song was on The Office last night and I forgot how much I like it
The Avalanche - Frontier Psychiatrist - this song is weird and not really even a normal song per se, but something about it gets under my skin
Billy Bragg and Wilco - California Stars
Damien Rice - 9 Crimes
Dan Seals - Addicted - really old country song but I just heard it today and it reminded me of middle school or something
Counting Crows - Walkaways and Elton John - Goodbye - I put these together because they are both really short songs, like a minute long, but both just GET me
Hank Williams Jr - Texas Women - I love the part when he says he is an Oiler fan. =) The Oilers will live on at least in song!!
Glasvegas - Geraldine and Shiny Toy Guns - Ghost Town - two newish songs that I can't get enough of right now
The Hooters - And We Danced - Makes me dance as well
Journey - Don't Stop Believing - not exactly a 'hidden' gem, but dang it is good
REM - Nightswimming - I bought Automatic for the People recently cause I had lost my million year old copy of it and it made me remember how much I love this song...random fact about this song - Jen dedicated it to Dawson when she was working on that radio station on Dawson's Creek cause they went skinnydipping. =) Yes, I was a Dawson's fan.
Your Wildest Dreams - Moody Blues - heard this last night at Jake's
Patty Griffin - Tony - pretty dark song but I never get tired of it
Shenendoah - 2 Dozen Roses - another song I just never get tired of
Impossible Dream - From Man of La Mancha - makes me always feel like I should be a better person

Ok, that's it for now. Hope you enjoy my very random list of music. This probably doens't even encompass some of my favorite songs, but they are just ones I thought of. Enjoy and don't forget to post your suggestions for my listening pleasure. =)

2 comments:

Amanda Weaver said...

I love this blog! As I read this entry it is funny that you have a Journey song on your list because Faithfully by Journey is one on my list....and just so happens to be playing in the background as I lunch at my new favorite coffee shop :)
Manda

Amanda Weaver said...

Also The Flame by Cheap Trick. Okay I'll stop. I'm going to copy you and make my whole list.

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...