Saturday, April 4, 2009

Being Pregnant is Fun

So I am up early on a Saturday because I couldn't sleep. My back had really not been bothering me all week until yesterday and about 4:45 this morning it was keeping me awake so I got up and did some stuff around the house. Any time I am up the dogs think it is time to get up so they are keeping me company while Jason sleeps. =)

Travelocity lets you have up to two weeks off before your due date, if you want, for maternity leave. You start disability pay as soon as you take it, but I have had the last week off and it is TOTALLY worth it. If you can not work, I highly recommend it. =) I have gotten so much done in the last week off my to do list. I still feel like I have a lot more things I want to get done, but really there isn't anything that just couldn't wait. The house is very close to being all really clean and the nursery is done. Last night I made a huge batch of this marinara sauce to freeze for future use. Have I told you about this marinara sauce? Oh my, if you are a fan of Italian food you must try it. I just found it in this cook book I have by Giada DiLaurentis. It is just a basic marinara sauce and I thought, 'hmm, I should probably know how to make a good marinara sauce', so I tried it a couple weeks back. It was so easy and I just put it over spaghetti with a little parmesan on top and OH MY GOSH. Jason and I both couldn't believe how delicious it was! And the recipe says it freezes really well so I made a huge batch last night. If you want to try it, here is the link to it on the Food Network page...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/marinara-sauce-recipe2/index.html

Anyway, so I also got to have some long lunches with friends this week which was so nice. My friend Lacey is staying home with her baby so I am looking forward to lots of good play dates with Kiley and Isabella! My mom also came up on Thursday and we just kind of hung out, ran some errands, rested. It was a nice relaxing day. My sister is off work next week so if I haven't had the baby yet I am hoping she can come up to visit me. But we'll see.

I had a doctor's appt yesterday and she said I am coming along just fine. Sounds like it could be any day or it could be three weeks from now. I think the norm these days is to induce you if you are a week past your due date, but I would really just rather it all happen naturally. So she said as long as things were going ok still that I could wait a little longer than a week past my due date. Although, by then I may be begging them to get this baby out! =)

Hmmm, I guess that is about all I have for now. It is still early and I don't want to wake Jason up so not sure what I will do now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that marinara sauce too!!

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...