Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Breaking the Big News

D-day (delivery day) is coming soon and a lot of people have been asking about how we are going to notify people when I am heading to the hospital and how they will get updates etc. So here is the plan just so you can all be on the lookout. =)

First, once I am in labor and sure that this is 'it', as in we are packing up and heading to the hospital, we will send out a massive text message to everyone letting people know things are happening. From then on, we are going to steal an idea our friends Collin and Stephanie used and we will record the outgoing voicemail message on my phone with updates on how things are progressing. We will turn off my phone after we record the messages so feel free to call as much as you want. You won't be bothering us and we will try to update it as much as possible. My cell phone number in case you don't have it is 214-457-5194.

Also, if you are not sure I have your cell number to get the initial text, feel free to email me and let me know you would like to be on our list. My email is kellitrent@gmail.com. If you comment below it will email me as well.

The other thing I keep getting asked is about if I want people coming to the hospital. Probably if you haven't asked me that you wouldn't come anyway, but I just figured I would tell you my thoughts on it, just in case. Basically I have no idea how tired/out of it I will be. Plus the rooms really aren't that big. So if you are just dying to come up to see me or the baby in that first 48 hours that I am still at the hospital, feel free, but just know I may be asleep or incoherent or both. =) Otherwise I would say just wait until I get home and then feel free to come visit and dote on my beautiful daughter.

I guess that is about it. If you have any questions feel free to comment away or email me. My due date is April 12 so basically all this could go down anytime between now and like April 19. After that they will induce me, but please pray that doesn't happen. I am really hoping for everything to happen on its own!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...