Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fay Fay, go away!

So last week my parents went to Destin for their anniversary. They got there on Wednesday night and they flew us out to meet them on Thursday night. By them I mean me, my sister and her husband. Jason couldn't come out to meet us until Friday. We have gone to Destin about a million times since I was like 6 and we have ALWAYS driven, but now I have been spoiled. DFW now has direct flights to Destin that are up and down and about an hour and a half. When we got there after only a total of maybe 2 and a half hours of travel (if you count the drive to and from the airport) it didn't seem like we deserved to be there. Like to earn our time on the beach we needed to endure the 12 hour car ride down. Nevertheless, we were there and the beach was gorgeous as always.

We spent the next four days mostly on the beach. Tropical Storm Fay was brewing in the Atlantic, but had really only gotten to about the Keys by the time we left. So all but one day was sunny and the temperature was right around 80 degrees the whole time. I mean even in June it gets up in the 90s. I am not sure how we got so lucky with the weather. I laid on the beach and read my books and listened to music and tanned myself. I started reading that Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. I had read all about it in Entertainment Weekly and decided it sounded right up my alley. I finished the first book and went to buy the second one immediately. I had brought The Last Man by Mary Shelley and said I would read that before starting on New Moon, but classic British literature just can't compare with the struggle of love between a human and a vampire! =) So I am now about 2/3 of the way through New Moon and I love it. Went to buy Eclipse yesterday...

Anyway, Jason got to come out just for the weekend, but we had a good time. Ate some good food and played some mini golf. Then Amanda, Jared and I headed back on Monday night. It was a short trip, but really fun and we had a great time. Thanks again to my parents for offering to fly us out! That is the way to go!

So this coming weekend I am heading back to Florida to go to Disney World with my mom and Amanda. I thought I had bested Fay and was going to be there right before she hit and get back to Florida right after she had left. But guess what? She has decided that she likes Florida and wants to hang out there for a while. I mean I can't blame her. Mickey and Minnie are pretty fun and she is probably having fun adding a little something extra to Splash Mountain, but come ON Fay! Get OUT of there. I have Pirates to see and Figaro Fries to eat. And I don't want to do it in the rain! So please? For my sake? Go bother Georgia or Alabama and leave Orlando alone. =)

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...