Tuesday, September 2, 2008

M-I-C See ya real soon!

DSCN0574
So this past weekend my mother, sister and I went to Disney World. For those who don't know me well, let me catch you up quickly. I love all things Disney and this, of course, includes Disney World. I like to go there as much as possible. The question I get a lot is why? Why do you love it so much? Wouldn't you rather go somewhere new? Well, Jason and I do travel a lot, and I do love to see new places, but I truly think I could go to the World twice a year for the rest of my life and not see everything. There is SO much to see there. In the four parks alone you could never do all the attractions and shows and see all the other stuff that goes on in one trip. So that is one. Two, Disney is one of the most creative companies ever. If you can truly appreciate the attention to detail that goes in to every little part of their 'campus' for lack of a better term, I don't see how you couldn't want to stay for as long as possible. I really don't have time to go in to all of it because I could spend DAYS talking about all the little hidden gems of WDW, but if you want more info just ask. It is just about my favorite topic of conversation. =)

Now, more about our recent trip. Jason had decided he was going to Vegas with some friends, so I figured if he would be gone for a long weekend, I should go somewhere too. So where else? Disney. And yes, I was going to go alone. It really is so fun to just be able to do whatever you want at whatever time you want. But to make a long story short, over the course of the summer, my mom and sister decided to come along. The three of us went last year too, and my mom made the comment that it would be her last trip there for a long time. So I was surprised she even wanted to come, but excited. So anyway, we flew out last Friday, just as Hurricane Fay was leaving, and got there with no issues. We were staying at the Wilderness Lodge resort, which I was very excited about because I had never stayed at a deluxe resort before! Annnnd now I probably won't stay anywhere else again. It was the coolest place. SO well themed and decorated and laid out. I mean there was even a geyser that went off every hour on the hour to make it feel like we were off in Yellowstone Park or something. Pretty cool.

We woke up to a beautiful sunny morning Saturday and spent half the day at the Magic Kingdom and half the day at Hollywood Studios. It was good weather until about 4, then it kind of rained off and on the rest of the day. The second day was our busiest. We hadn't gotten to ride the newest ride at Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Mania - or see Fantasmic, so we had to move our schedule around a little. We went to Epcot first and rode Soarin' - a ride we all love SO much. We spent a couple hours there and then headed over to eat at the Kona cafe. Then we went to Magic Kingdom for a while and then headed back to the resort. After a nap, Mom wanted to spend some time at the pool so Amanda and I headed back to Hollywood Studios. We rode Toy Story Mania and then met mom to grab some food before Fantasmic. Fantasmic is my FAVorite show at the World and it was great as always. After that we rushed back over to the Magic Kingdom to catch Wishes - their fireworks show - and then Amanda and I stayed for Extra Magic Hours for a little while.

Monday was our last day there and we spent it all at Epcot. We rode Soarin' again and then spent most of the day in the World Showcase. I had never seen the American Adventure and wanted to make sure and get that in. It is basically a show with audio animatronics that describes the birth of America up to present day. It was really good and got me all goose-bumpy and patriotic. =) We had to be back at the hotel by 3:45 to catch our bus to the airport and we ended up waiting forever for a bus to the hotel and missed it. But luckily there was another one shortly and we ended up getting on an even earlier flight.

Jason was supposed to be getting back around the same time as me, but his flight was cancelled/delayed/etc and so he didn't get home until almost midnight, when I was already fast asleep. =) It was a great trip, very quick though. It was my first trip where I really had no agenda and I am honestly not sure I liked it like that. I usually have my Disney trips really planned out, and I just think you get more done. Yeah, you are rushing around and exhausted at the end, but no one ever said Disney was a relaxing vacation. You want relaxing - go to the beach. Anyway, my next trip will need to be longer for sure. Until then...K-E-Y - Why because we love you! M-O-U-S-E! 8O

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...