Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The End of an Era

Well as you all know now I am pregnant. That brings about with it some changes. Some obvious, some you all might not think of. To understand the latest change and how weird it is, we need to go back to 1997. My roommate Stacy and I were sophomores in college and we decided that the coolest thing we could possibly do was to get our belly buttons pierced. I was very proud of myself because I am pretty much a huge wuss. Forget the fact that I blacked out and almost fell over after it was done, I was still very brave. =)

So for the last 11 years I have had a round piercing in my stomach. I have not once removed it, and honestly most of the time I forgot I even had it. It has just always been there, but I knew once I got pregnant it was time to take it out. I had tried on my own to just pop out the little ball that connects the circle with no luck. So last night Jason got some pliers out and after many attempts, I put one pair on one side and another on the other side and just twisted until the little ball popped out! We removed the circle and now my stomach is bare. It is amazing how I would almost forget I even had it over the years, but now, when I look at my stomach it looks so weird to me. Like something's not quite right. Thanks for the years of decorating my stomach belly button ring. You will be missed!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...