Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A weekend of firsts

Well this weekend Isabella went to her friend Madison's first birthday party. Her mom and my friend Jennifer had it at Gymboree in Plano. We had never been to Gymboree so I wasn't too sure what to expect, but the lady running it made sure that she gave Isabella activities to do since all the other kids were much older.

Here is Bella in a little rocking chair of sorts...


And here she is getting some tummy time on a ball...


Here we were supposed to hold on to a big round parachute thing, but Bella decided she would rather eat it...


Here Bella was having fun with Dad bouncing her around...


And here is Jen and the birthday girl...



The rest of the weekend I spent cleaning. I had actually bought all these flowers to plant and had grand ideas of doing some major gardening this weekend. However if you live around Dallas you know that it has been acting like a minor hurricane around here the last few days. I can hear someone mowing their yard right now and I am imagining them ankle deep in mud! So no gardening got done, but I did get the house nice and clean.

I am sort of a nerd and make lists for EVERYTHING. So I have a clean the house list on my fridge on a dry erase board. I basically try to clean a little every day and once I have finished a room on my list I check it off and move to the next room. That way I make sure I know every room has been cleaned in at least the recent past. Also, every iteration of this list I have one room that gets a 'deep clean', meaning I do fan blades, baseboards, move everything out of the way instead of vacuuming around it, etc. This weekend I did the kitchen and talk about gross! I got Jason to move the refrigerator this time. I literally have not moved it since we moved in to this house. I am guessing (hoping?) this is normal, but I am going to start cleaning back there more often. There was so much dust it was just disgusting. Anyway, my kitchen is spotless now and I am pretty sure you could eat off the floor, but I will just leave that up to the dogs. =)

Today we are starting to try to get Bella on more of a schedule. I have been obsessed with reading about how her sleep habits should be forming and the book I am reading now says at this age (she is 5 months today!!) she should be able to be on more of a schedule and probably start taking only two naps a day. So this morning we started the day a little after 7 and then I put her down for a nap at 9. She was really tired and went to sleep pretty quick. She only slept for about 50 minutes though, so we will see if she can make it to her next nap time, which is supposed to be around 1. She usually gets tired within a couple of hours of her last nap, so should be interesting!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...