Friday, May 20, 2011

Thank God I'm a Country Girl

My dad's dad has a large piece of land down the road from his house that has a little house and a large pond. We have been going there my whole life for family get togethers, and Bella had never been before. So for my granddad's birthday the whole family went out there to celebrate. There is a huge tree out front of the house with a couple of swings on it. Swinging is one of Bella's favorite things so she spent a lot of time having me or Grandpa swinging her.

Isabella loved sitting at this little picnic table with her cousins to eat. She found a new favorite snack - strawberries covered in whipped cream. This was her third serving.


After eating, we went down to the pier and fished for a while. Uncle Jared showed Bella how to hold the pole and reel in a fish. They caught several little brim that we had to throw back. My mom was showing her the worms and she would touch them and then just squeal! It was pretty funny.


My dad was the only one that caught anything worth keeping. A big 'ol catfish!


This was the first day in Isabella's entire life that I did not put her down for a nap. I kept thinking I would, but she was having such a blast so I just let her play. About 6:30 mom started kind of holding and rocking her and she just passed out! We put her down in my cousin's babies pack n play that she had out on the porch.


After she woke up we got in the car and left. That is when she started getting cranky. The funniest part is that as we were heading out she started crying that she wanted 'sweet milk' from Starbucks. She loves those Horizon Vanilla milks so I usually get her one when we go to Starbucks. So we are in the middle of nowhere in East Texas, probably 100 miles from a Starbucks and my 2 year old is crying in the back seat "Starbucks! Want Starbucks!" Haha. Ohhh I am raising a city girl. Note to self - take more trips to granddad's farm!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...