Wednesday, October 19, 2011

ACL 2011

Well, oops! I didn't mean to post this blog yet, but I guess I will go ahead and do it since I can't figure out a way to delete it without starting over. =) I guess my blogs will just be a little out of order. Oh well!

So Jason, Amanda and I all went to ACL again this year. Jared was supposed to go with us, but he wasn't digging the lineup as much so he sold his ticket to Sarah Bella (sorry I can't say your name any other way!). I was worried, being pregnant and all (yes I am pregnant and I apologize for not having my 'I'm pregnant' blog up yet - remember the whole thing about not meaning to post this yet?), because the weather is usually brutally hot. So I prepared to hydrate like there was no tomorrow and try to stay out of the sun. We got SO lucky, though. It was cloudy and even rainy most of the trip, so I rarely got very hot at all!

The first day we went straight to see Brandi Carlile. I have wanted to see her forever and was not disappointed. She was so great live. She talked a lot and was really funny and likeable. She even covered a couple Johnny Cash songs and finished up with a rendition of "Forever Young". Here are all the girls we went to see her with. From left to right is Amy, Sarah, Amanda and me!


That day I also saw Allison Krauss, who is always awesome and beautiful, and closed the night with Coldplay.

This is the second day. My friend Courtney was at ACL as well and so she told me where to find her. As soon as I walked up, everyone was freaking out. Christian Bale was walking past with his crew. He is in the black right in front of the flag here.


They kept walking back and forth and they were filming so I have no idea if this is for a movie or what, but it was cool to see him. Everyone was shouting 'Hey Batman!'. Haha.

That night was Stevie Wonder. I was not sure what to expect. We saw Bob Dylan a few years ago here and he was TERRIBLE. So I worried, what with Stevie being pretty old, if he would be awful as well. Plus I could only think of like 3 SW songs I knew. Well, he was AWESOME. I promise you know way more Stevie songs than you think you do. I think I knew every song and he sounded just as good as he ever has. Here we are that night. Thanks to my friend Meagan for the super cute maternity dress!


Me and the hubs.


This was the last day. It was sunnier and hotter, but we survived. Me and Court met up early to see the Head and the Heart. This was the other band I was SO excited to see and they were really good. If you have not heard the song 'Down in the Valley', go listen to it. LOVE it. It will be making an appearance on my yearly top 10 countdown. =)


I definitely did not see as many bands this year as usual, just because of how hard it is to walk all over those park grounds when you are pregnant. But it was a great year and I was SO glad the weather cooperated for me. It was seriously an answered prayer.

Next year they changed it back to October, so we will see if we can get someone to babysit TWO kiddos so we can go again. Mom? Rhonda? Anyone? =)

2 comments:

MeaganMusing said...

The pic of you and Jason is so darling! (And I like the dress, too. Ha!)
Y'all do such fun stuff!

kmtrent said...

Haha, I didn't even mean to post this yet! I had only done pictures, but thanks! I need to go add in words. =)

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...