Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's a Boy!!

That's right. I am pregnant again! I know most of you already know this, and if you read my ACL post, then you know as well. But I thought I would send out the official word and give some more details for those who are curious!

Jason and I found out we were expecting again in June. We were super excited, of course, and I told Isabella at once. She has been really excited, saying it was a baby sister from day 1. She said she wanted her baby sister to live in her room with her. I don't think she is too keen on the idea of the baby taking over her playroom just yet.

We found out we are due March 3. 2012 is a leap year, so if the baby came a few days early it would be a leap day baby! Most people I tell this are like 'oh no how awful!', but I guess I am weird because I think it would be kind of cool. I am not one to induce, though, so we will just see when he decides to make an appearance!

Yes, I said HE. I think we all thought we would have another girl for some reason. I know nothing about boys, I had a sister and I wanted Bella to have a sister. So imagine my surprise when the doctor said there was no doubt in his mind it was a boy. I won't lie, I cried. I wanted Isabella to have a sister like I did and to play barbies with her and, oh yeah, I have a MILLION girls clothes and toys and other items.

It took me a few days to get used to the idea of a boy, but now I am getting really excited. Everyone I know who has one of each says it is the best. I do look forward to having a son, and hopefully he will be just like Jason - ie totally sweet and laid back. Bella is just like me, which is to say a little high strung and dramatic. A boy might be a nice change of pace. =)

We have not decided on a name yet, but I will let you know when we do! We are tossing a few around trying to see what feels right. Anyway, I am now about 5 months pregnant, but feel like I look like I could give birth any second. You definitely pop out quicker with that second child!

Any advice on how to raise a boy? Feel free to post that right here, because I am kind of clueless, but excited to learn!

1 comment:

suzie said...

I love that you are having a boy! I am sure Bella will get him to plays dolls and dress up with him - he will probably do whatever she wants! I think little siblings are like that for a while. I love having a boy - they love their mamas! I love the book Wild Things - it is probably too early to read it but it definitely gave me insight into Will as well as Chad! I cant wait to hear the name!

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...