Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bella's Favorite Songs

If you know me, you know I love music. I have my iPod or iPhone going on shuffle pretty much all the time in the kitchen or car or whatever, so Isabella hears it a lot. And I have to say she has pretty good taste! In the last few months she has come up with what her favorite songs are and she will request them all the time in the car. Every year since I started this blog I have put out my top ten songs of the year list. So before I put that list out this year, I thought I would share with you Isabella's top songs. Most of them were either on my list last year, or are this year, so again, I am proud to say she has good taste. =)

5. - Little Red Riding Hood by Sam the Sham and the Pharoah - She is obsessed with the story of Little Red Riding Hood right now, so when she heard this song, she literally gasped out loud. Of course, when we tell her the story we tell her how the wolf was really just misunderstood and was a nice wolf.
4. - Children of God by Third Day - This one has posed some interesting questions. When she hears it she tells me she wants to see God and Jesus and I don't really know how to answer that. I tell her they live up in heaven and she looks at the sky and says she can see them. I just say ohhh really? Oookkk...
3. - Shot in the Dark by Augustana - This is her current fave.
2. - The Cave by Mumford and Sons - She loves how they hold the notes at the start of the sentences in the chorus and she will belt it out and shake her head. So cute.
1. - Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People - This is by far the biggest request I get. I sing along and change the words gun and bullet, to gum and belly. I would rather her not sing gangster type lyrics, especially at school or something.

As you can see, she has no country songs that she has taken a liking to, and she also begs me to turn off Adele's 'Set Fire to the Rain'. So I obviously still have some work to do in our musical education, but I love that she is so in to it!

1 comment:

Serena said...

Other than the Adele reaction, I'd say she is BRILLIANT and her musical preferences only confirm as much. Maybe she plans on one-upping Adele and is therefore already shunning A's music. We can hope... ;-)

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...