Saturday, May 30, 2009

Made it to six weeks!

Everyone I talked to said, 'Just wait until six weeks, things get so much easier!'. So since Isabella has been born I have been waiting for that six week mark thinking I will be doing so much better. Well it is here and I can definitely say things have gotten better. I wouldn't say necessarily right at six weeks it happened, but I think it is just by the time you get here you have learned SO much and gotten in to more of a groove, even if you haven't gotten more sleep. =)

So Bella is doing great and I will post pictures below. She already seems like she has grown SO much and I just love her to pieces. We are on a pretty good schedule. She is more alert and awake now so I don't have as much time to myself or to nap, but she is also getting more interactive and has actually smiled a few times! I tell you when that little toothless mouth opens up wide and you know she is actually smiling at you, it is the happiest moment. Still haven't really gotten the nursing down so I have decided to give it two more weeks and after that I may just go to pumping and giving her a bottle full time. It isn't ideal, but the frustration that the nursing causes me is just so taxing. I had these grand designs on the bonding experience of nursing and it just has not been at all what I expected. But I know how good it is for her so I will try as long as I can to not switch to formula.

So in news other than baby news, although there isn't much of it, last weekend we went to Galveston for my cousin David's wedding. He married an adorable girl named Mary and we had a great time just getting out of town. My parents rented a beach house that we all stayed in and we had a great time just relaxing. They had bicycles there and I haven't ridden a bike in, I swear, 15 years or something. It was so fun, I really want to get a bike. What great exercise! And speaking of exercise, I have slowly started ramping up on exercise and trying to eat better. I have about 15 pounds that I would like to lose, although I am only like 6 or 7 away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I just think my pre-pregnancy weight was too high. =)

Last night Jason was a sweetheart and watched Bella while I went out to eat and to a movie with Jessica and Gaby. I haven't had a girls night out in a long time and it was so nice to catch up. We went to eat at Gloria's on Greenville, which I haven't been to since they redid it. It looks great! The bar and patio are way bigger which is nice and we sat out on the patio and the weather was GREAT. Then we went to see Up, which I highly recommend. Pixar always does such a great job with their movies.

Jason's parents are in town this weekend to visit the little one and I think we are going out to eat at our favorite place. Houston's! I love it.

Here are some new pics of Isabella as promised...


I just think this is so cute. I walked in and saw them both sprawled out...


This is my cousin and his new wife. I know it isn't Bella, but just thought I would share. =)


Here is my sister with Isabella at their wedding.

I don't know what it says about me as a mother, but I think this is so cute...


Tried to wake her up by doing some tummy time, which she usually hates. Nope, she just kept snoozing...


Love this pic. Jason said it looks like she should have a tiny Corona in that hand...

3 comments:

Tamra Maddux said...

Congrats on hitting the 6 week mark! I feel like I haven't seen you in so long! I hope to see you this weekend.

The Rose Family said...

She is so cute! I miss that age.

Barb said...

Love the pics! I'm so proud you're sticking with nursing, but don't put too much pressure on yourself. :) I promise it gets easier. I thought the three month mark (Sounds like a long time from now, I know.) was my major turning point.

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...