Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hello out there!

Hello outside world! My little angel is now four weeks old and I cannot believe it. Tomorrow is officially one month. The last month has been kind of a blur. I live in increments of three hours for the most part, some times less during the day, sometimes more at night (if I am lucky), but I pretty much live on a cycle of feed her, play with her, put her down for a nap then figure out what I can accomplish in the next 1-2 hours before she wakes up to eat again. It is hard and the nursing is still a challenge, but I feel like we are both starting to get the hang of it a little more at least.

The bright side of having nursing issue is I had to give her a bottle sooner than I would have planned to, but that means I have more freedom to go do things now if I need to leave a bottle with whoever is watching her. So Jason and I have actually gotten to go out to eat and to a movie twice in the last couple of weeks. If you know me, you know I LOVE movies, so that was a huge treat. First we went to see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, which was terrible, but still nice to get out. Then last Saturday when Jason's parents were here we went to dinner and a movie for my birthday (which was actually Monday and completely uneventful). We went to this place called Bene Bene. We are always on the look out for good Italian food, but usually are disappointed with the fare we find. This place got good reviews online and was close so we decided to try it. I think this is probably the best meal I have had in a LONG time. It was pretty authentic and had a great atmosphere. We started with this salad with cherry tomatoes, avacado, kalamata olives and mozzarella balls in a champagne vinaigrette, then I had a Chilean Seabass with a lemon caper dressing on it. SO delicious. We also split a bottle of some Chianti which I wish I could remember the name of.

After dinner we went to see Star Trek. Now I have never seen a single Star Trek movie or episode on TV, but I LOVED it. I seriously think everyone should see it and would like it. It is funny, interesting, action packed, well cast, etc. I really enjoyed it and I love Zachary Quinto anyway from Heroes so I was excited to see him.

Tuesday night I got to go meet some of my friends out at Cru, this wine bar in Plano, for my birthday dinner. It has been a while since I have really gotten to spend any quality time with them so it was really nice to get to catch up on my gossip. =)

This has been my first week by myself with Isabella for the whole week. I thought my mom was going to be able to come again for a couple of days, but it turns out she has things to do OTHER than take care of me. I know, not fair. =) It hasn't been too bad, but it is definitely a lot easier when there is someone else around to help. Especially now that she is getting more alert and is awake more, I find myself trying to figure out what to do with her since she can't really play or anything. I spend a lot of time just talking to her and asking her rhetorical questions. Sometimes we dance to this Coldplay lullaby CD that my friend Courtney bought her. Sometimes I just put her in her bouncy seat that she, thankfully, loves. So far she hates her swing, but we are going to work on that.

I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow with my OB since she was born. It is funny how you start to miss your OB when you have been seeing her every week for a month or two before. Next Wednesday I am going to Tyler. I haven't been home in forever it seems like! I am really excited about it and then we will leave Friday from there to go to Galveston for my cousins wedding. My parents rented a beach house for the long weekend so we will stay for a four day weekend. Should be nice and relaxing!

1 comment:

Tamra Maddux said...

You are doing a great job! Share some more pictures of beautiful Bella!

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...