Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Jason and I had a GREAT weekend. It was Father's Day weekend, obviously, so I had a little surprise planned. I know since we have had Isabella, one thing we miss is just being able to go do whatever, whenever. We are kind of movie nuts so I know he misses just being able to go to the movies whenever. So I asked my awesome friend Jessica to babysit on Friday night, but didn't tell him. She was all over it, so thank you for that Jess! Jason beat her home on Friday and I acted like no big deal. Jason said he really wanted to go out to eat because he had been cooped up all week. I told him we could do whatever he wanted. When Jessica knocked on the door, he answered it and was like 'what are you doing here?'. I told him I was serious about doing whatever he wanted, that we had a night out on our own! He had really been wanting to see The Hangover, so we went to eat at Fireside Pies (YUM!), and then headed over to the movies. The movie was hilarious, I highly recommend it. And Fireside was delicious as always, so it was a lovely evening.

Saturday, we got up and met my parents at Breadwinners for brunch. They are currently on a 10 day trip to the Grand Canyon, driving the whole way. So they were heading out that morning, but couldn't leave the state without seeing their granddaughter. Jason and I don't matter anymore, only Isabella. =) That afternoon Jason's mom came in town. Sunday Jessica was having a surprise party for Chris on a boat at Lake Grapevine, so we wouldn't be able to take Bella. We asked Jason's parents if they might want to babysit and they were super nice to come in town to do that. Jason's dad couldn't come until Sunday, though, because he had to work. So since Saturday night Jason's mom was in town, she offered to watch the munchkin so we could go out, AGAIN! That is two nights out in a row people! So we went to the Bavarian Grill, our favorite German restaurant. We had a couple of delicious German beers and some delicious German schnitzel. I wanted to see The Proposal, so we went to the movies, again. =) It wasn't really that good. Not as bad as Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, but still not great, so I think I am not allowed to pick any more romantic comedies for a while...

Sunday I went and got Jason donuts for his first Father's Day and then went to the gym. I had to get in to a bathing suit that day, so I was feeling pretty motivated to work out. =) The party was at 3, so we headed out around 2 to make sure we got there before the big surprise! Chris was totally surprised and we had a great time. Jessica had rented one of those two story party boats and we grilled out and swam - yes I got in the lake, for those of you who know me, you know that is a huge step. Here are a couple pics from the party...




We got back home around 7 and just got some pizza and went to bed early. It was so hot outside, it zapped me and I was exhausted!

Monday Jason left for Orlando for his new client. **Sigh** He is coming back today, but I am secretly, or not so secretly, hoping that this new client will need him to come out for a few days at some point when my parents are around and can watch Bella while I go play at Disney World! Probably not going to happen, but oh well. I can dream.

Last night I put Isabella down for bed around 7:15, she woke up around 8:30, but fell back asleep after a while. She then slept until 5:30 in the morning!! That means she slept for almost 10 hours in a row! This is very good news. And at 5:30 I fed her and she went right back to sleep until after 7. The goal is for her to sleep from 7 to 7 eventually, so we are getting close! Very exciting.

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...