Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Productive Weekend

This past weekend was great. I had a bunch of errands piled up that I hadn't gotten to do, so since we were home with no real plans, I asked Jason to watch Bella and I ran errands for over five hours! I got groceries, got my eyebrows waxed, got lunch, got gas, went to the mall and got a new outfit, went to World Market to get this ottoman thing that they were out of, just got a lot of stuff done.

At the mall I went to J Crew cause I had a gift card. I really don't have many clothes that fit right now. I can mostly fit in to my normal clothes but they are all tight and my maternity clothes are mostly too big, except for a pair of capri pants. So I wear a lot of flowy dresses right now. =) And though I have vowed to lose this weight by our upcoming trip to Destin, I wanted at least a new thing or two that fits NOW to wear for the summer. So I found some shorts at J Crew that fit pretty cute, but you know you always have that price point that you think 'if it costs this much I will get it' and then it is always more, but you think 'well, maybe it is still a good deal', but then you sometimes have that buyers remorse thinking you spent too much? Well, the shorts were $40. Obviously I don't want to spend a lot on shorts that won't (hopefully) fit in a couple months. So I was thinking more along the lines of $30, but I also wasn't loving clothes shopping so I thought, ok fine I will spend $40 so as to be done with it! So I get up to the register, and lo and behold!, they were on sale for $30! It was a nice surprise and totally validated my expenditure. =) I also got a really cute hot pink shirt at Nordstrom in the 'young folks' department on sale for like $15!

Saturday night we rented Fanboys, which I had heard wasn't good, but wanted to see anyway because it has Veronica Mars, I mean Kristen Bell in it. Well, it wasn't very good, but it was nice to just sit with my hubby and watch a movie like a normal couple. =) Bella goes to sleep now, usually, by about 7:30 and sleeps until between like 3:30 and 5:30 for a feeding, then usually sleeps until 7ish, give or take. So that is really nice to have our evenings free. I usually get 8 hours of sleep now, just not all at once. So most days I am feeling great, but every few days that getting up in the middle of the night catches up with me and I get in serious need of a nap.

Sunday we went to church for the first time since she was born. We got Isabella all dressed up and took her to the nursery. I was a little nervous but there were only two other babies in there with two women, so I felt like that was a lot better than I had envisioned. I thought there would be like a bunch of kids. So it was nice to get to go to church and when we picked her up from the nursery she was sound asleep and she stayed asleep for us while we went out to eat at Cafe Express and went to Tylers to get some new workout clothes. I always think I need new workout clothes to motivate me to work out. Does anyone else do that? =)

Here is a picture of Bella in her Sunday best...

1 comment:

Tamra Maddux said...

I do the same thing...new work out clothes = motivation to work out. It hasn't worked out yet. :) Bella is gorgeous...can't wait to see you both!

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...