Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bella's Play Time

So I am sure you parents all have this issue. How to keep your little one entertained. Obviously you can't play with them 24/7, so I am constantly trying to find new things that will entertain Bella. Has anyone noticed that their kids seem to like random non-toys better than anything? Currently spoons are much adored while we are in the kitchen. However today, after making her play on the floor alone so I could do some cleaning, I decided I needed to give her some attention. We went in the nursery and got on the floor and I got out a bunch of stuffed animals. I was putting on a production of Annie with her doll rattle as Annie and a bunny as Daddy Warbucks, but was she interested? Nope. What did she want to play with? The carpet. I am not kidding. She just wanted to lean over and grab the shag carpet and run her hands over it. Wouldn't even look at me.

Want to know what her absolute favorite toy right now is though?

My iPhone! I cannot blame her as I am also addicted to it, but she is so funny. When she sees it she gets this frenzied look on her face like 'I MUST HAVE IT!'. Especially if I turn on the iPod.

She went to stay with Nana and Grampa while we were in Austin last weekend and it was so weird when I got back. I missed her so much and I swear she looked different! She also basically could not have cared less that I was back. She just looks at me like 'hmmm you look familiar, but whatever'. She did the same thing to me this weekend after she visited her Grammy and Poppy in Oklahoma. My husband took her to visit his parents and when she got home she wouldn't even smile at me and only wanted Jason. It made me pretty sad, but I guess that is normal.

Other than that we are doing good. She turns six months in TWO DAYS!! I can't believe it. She has her checkup on Friday so I will update later with all her new stats.

2 comments:

cd0103 said...

So, what is your new job?

My sis went to ACL to see the B-52's. Did you take your mud boots because her pics are muddy, muddy, muddy. She had on halter top, shorts, and big black rain/mud boots.

Mike Thomas said...

Gracie loves to go after the tv remote whenever she can. We also use her old food containers as drums.
Your new job sounds fun. I am sure we will be making a trip to Disney in the near future so will keep that in mind.

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...