Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hi ho, hi ho...

As I mentioned before I have a new job. It is pretty much the most perfect job I could have asked for at this stage in my life. First let me talk about how I came upon it. When I first decided to stay home with Isabella, I knew it would be hard. I knew I would miss my old job and my friends there and I knew I would miss having a second income! But I kept thinking, if it gets that bad I can always get another job.

So after a few months of staying home with Bella, I started trying to think of things that I could do from home to make some money and not have to put her in day care. Now if you know me well at all, you know I am somewhat (to put it lightly) of a Disney fanatic. I also love to travel and I really think half the fun is planning out the whole vacation. So I listen to these Disney podcasts, and had always heard about this company called Mouse Fan Travel. They are a travel agency that specializes in Disney travel, but also does all kinds of travel as well. So I inquired about job opportunities on their web site and it just so happened they were going to be hiring in the next couple months. The job was a work from home position that was completely flexible around your schedule and you work whatever hours you want. I couldn't think of anything more perfect for myself so I applied and after a few weeks of interviews and such I got the job!

So now I am an affiliate of MEI & Mouse Fan Travel. I am currently going through training, which is intense to say the least. The first few days were going through the College of Disney Knowledge (did you know there was such a thing?), and now I am learning every detail about all aspects of the cruising industry. Last week I learned all about Princess, Carnival and Cunard cruise lines. This week it is Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Not sure what is up next, but I have also had to take courses on Mexico, Weddings and Honeymoons, Spa Excursions and Orlando in general. I have learned about every port in the world and everything you can do there. I am seriously going to be equipped to be the best travel agent ever!

So if you like to travel or know someone who does, send them my way! It doesn't cost anything to use a travel agent (well, I think some charge a fee, but we don't). We get really good deals with Disney, cruise lines and all kinds of packages and I seriously love to plan vacations so I am excited to get started! Alright there is my little plug for myself. =)

Anyway, the training is a LOT more than I thought it would be, so I have been SO SO SO busy with that. Three days will go by and I realize I haven't even left the house because every spare second I have I am doing this online training. But it is fun! If this whole thing works out, I think it could seriously be the most perfect job for me. So wish me luck, and now...back to training....

2 comments:

Michelle Campbell said...

Glad you found the job! That's awesome! We need to get together! I need to meet little Bella!

Margie Allen said...

That is so awesome, Kelli. That sounds perfect for you. We still miss you though!!!

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...