Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009

We kicked off our Christmas celebration this year with our annual Texmas party that we have every year with some of our friends. This year it was at Lacey's house. We had a delicious meal and played Catch Phrase, per usual. We brought Isabella with us and put her to bed in her pack n play so we could stay up late! Here is a family pic...

The next day we drove to Tyler and back to have Christmas with my mom's side of the family. My Uncle Ronnie hadn't seen Isabella yet and we haven't gotten to see them in forever so it was a nice treat!

The next weekend Jason's parents came down for our Christmas celebration with them. I got to use my pretty new chargers and table runner and we busted out the china for the occasion. =)


We opened our last, and best, bottle of wine we got in Italy and Jason and his dad grilled out awesome steaks, and we of course opened presents and had a great time. I got some much needed Northpark gold so I spent the next day at the mall!

We headed to Tyler on Wednesday before Christmas and had the gathering with my dad's side of the family that night. So many of my cousins have kids now so it is fun to watch all the kiddos and one of them is exactly a year older than Isabella, so it was fun to see how she reacted to everything, thinking that is how Bella will be next year.

Christmas Eve we braved it and took Bella to church with us. It is a short Lord's supper service so I just came prepared with every trick I could think of to keep her quiet and she actually did REALLY well. Jason took her out at the very end, but for the most part she was good. We changed our normal tradition of going to Outback to eat afterward and tried a new Chinese place. Then we went home and watched Home Alone before hitting it.

Christmas morning Bella was up early and Amanda and Jared got there around 8 so we spent the morning opening gifts. Here is my sister's outfit. =) Sorry Manda!


I truly love Christmas morning opening gifts with my family. I realize that is probably a 'duh' statement, but not just because we get gifts, but just because we are all so cozy in our pjs and we just sit and talk and enjoy each other for two or three hours. I mean when else do you do that? Anyway, I got season tickets to the new Dallas Performing Arts Center for their Broadway series so I was SO excited about that and am going to see South Pacific this Sunday! Bella got the cutest little slippers...doesn't she look adorable?


Every year we bundle up and go out to my dad's land and make a bonfire and roast hot dogs and make s'mores, so this year we took Bella out. I was worried she would get cold and fussy, but she did great!


It was a great Christmas this year, as always, and I really can't wait until next year when Bella will be a little more aware of what is going on.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Haha oh good...there just aren't any good pictures of me on the internet with my belly showing. Wait...can't say that anymore! :)

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...