Thursday, June 30, 2011

NKOTBSB, Baby

If you had told me when I was in 6th grade, that I would be going to a New Kids on the Block concert when I was *mumble* years old, I would have said 'Duh, because I am going to be married to Donnie and be on tour with the whole group!'. Then if you had told me when I was a Junior in college, that I would be going to a Backstreet Boys concert when I was *cough* years old, I would have said 'Duh, because I am going to married to Nick and will on tour with them year round!'. As you can see I have grown and matured a lot over the years. :)

When Sterling, Brooke, Amanda and myself went to see BSB in college, we made shirts to wear, because that is what you do if you are totally cool, right? So we figured since two of the four were going again, it was only appropriate to recreate said cool t-shirts. Luckily, the two new people coming with us are just as awesome as us, so of course they immediately agreed to the idea. Here we are in all our awesome t-shirt glory...


The concert was, in one word, seriously freaking awesome. I am not kidding. It has to be one of the best times I have had in a long time. I was honestly never a big New Kids fan. I remember friends of mine literally crying about them when I was in the 6th grade, and I knew the songs, but I never had a picture of Donnie hanging (tough?) in my locker. I actually knew girls who had the New Kids bed sheets. Weird. But I SO enjoyed seeing them. It was still a huge dose of nostalgia and they still sound pretty good! Some have aged better than others, but overall the entire show was great.

They basically took turns singing their own songs, brought people on stage, went in the audience, rose up in the air on platforms and pretty much just rocked it. They performed for 2 and 1/2 hours, sang all the popular songs, and even some that weren't singles that only the TRUE fans would know. :)

Anyway, I won't keep going on, but I would suggest if NKOTBSB comes to a city near you, that you get a seat near the stage so that you can be one of the lucky ones selected to be serenaded.

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...