Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Jude's First Few Days

 Bella started back to school today for the summer, so I think I might finally have more time to blog!  I wanted to post a few pics of Jude's first days in this world.  My water broke at 6am March 2 and I think I did a fist pump in the air and said "YES!".  I was SO ready.  He was born at 11:22am that day, so super short labor.  Our parents barely had time to make it in town!

We got to our room by lunch and had a great stay at Presby Dallas.  I love that hospital.  They are so great there I would highly recommend it!  The nurses are so nice, it always makes me think I should have pursued a career as a baby nurse, if only I didn't hate blood, needles and science.

Here is Jason right after Jude was born.  When Bella was born, Jason put an OU beanie on her, so I told him Jude was wearing A&M, no discussion.



Here is the first time Bella met Jude.  She was SO sweet with him.  She kept kissing him and saying "I got all his kisses!"  Side note, this picture went on Facebook and everyone thought that was me in it.  I so appreciate the vote of confidence that I might look this good right after giving birth, but no...that's my sister.
 

Jude sleeping with me sleeping in the background.
 


So sweet... 


Here is Jude in his going home outfit.  It was newborn size, but it swallowed him!  He ended up being able to wear it for Easter and his Sip n See!


First time in his car seat


You know he has to have a Mickey Mouse onesie. =)


Here is the first time we let Bella hold Jude.  He is obviously digging it...


Bella has decided she loves her old bouncy chairs...


Here is an example of how much more laid back I have been this time.  When Bella was little, I would never have let her take naps in her bouncy seat.  She had to be in her crib!  I was a little crazy.


When he was little, he always slept with his hands up by his face when he wasn't swaddled.


Enjoying a little tummy time.


Here is a more recent picture, I just wanted to show how much he has already grown and filled out.  It is amazing how fast time has flown this time around!  He is really such a good baby, and I am so much more laid back this time, too.  It is hard having two kids, but I am loving the dynamic!  It is like our family is complete now.  Oh, and I LOOOOOOVE having a son.  I know I have told many of you that I wanted another girl and cried when I found out it was a boy.  But I mean there is just something about little boys.  They are so cute and sweet and he has just stolen my heart from day 1.  I love you Jude!


No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...