Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rock a Bye Baby

OK, has anyone really thought about the lyrics to this lullaby? I mean who would put a cradle in the top of a tree and then talk about how if the wind blows and bough breaks the cradle will fall. Down will come baby cradle and all? What a horrible song! Anyway, I was just humming this song to myself this past weekend while I was doing stuff in the nursery and realized how awful it was. I will never sing it to Bella...

So last Thursday night my mom and dad came up to have dinner with Jason and me. We went to eat at Razzoo's in Mesquite, which is sort of a scary town, but we made it and I had some tasty Catfish. Trying to stock up on that DHA and Omega 3's for Isabella! Dad had to go back - tax season and all - but mom stayed the night and I took Friday off so we could do baby stuff! We got up and ate at Benedict's in Addison - if you have never been there for breakfast go. It is so good! Then we went to Target and got some random stuff I needed and then went to Destination Maternity to get just a few more maternity clothes to last me the rest of my pregnancy.

After that we came home and just did stuff in the nursery. Jason and I had put together the changing table the night before and our dresser and hutch was getting delivered that day. So we started washing baby clothes and basically just going through everything I have and getting all girly and excited about it. We got the dresser right on time and put some stuff in it too. I have decided that I need a couple more tables in there just to set stuff on. I also still have to order my rocking chair and ottoman. And there are about a million other things I guess too, but we did get a lot accomplished. Here are some pics if you are interested...

Saturday Jason and I had the second half of our birthing class and got to take a tour of the hospital so that was fun. The rooms are reallly nice, just smaller than I thought they would be. But that's ok. I won't be there long and will probably be too tired to notice. Saturday night we grilled out brats and watched Milk. A movie I didn't really want to watch, but Jason got it online - totally legally... - and it WAS nominated for Best Picture so I felt I owed it to myself as a self-proclaimed movie buff to watch it. It was fine. Good acting, well done and all that, but honestly I have seen several movies that I thought were better this year. I feel like it was nominated only because of the subject matter. Oh well.

Sunday we went to church and then were going to go eat at Gloria's for brunch/lunch. Have you been to Gloria's on Greenville lately? It is gone. Under rennovation. I guess they are taking over that Starbucks that was next door. Luckily they will reopen in a few weeks, but I almost had a heart attack thinking they were gone for good. We went to Blue Goose instead which was actually quite delicious. I really never eat there, but maybe I should. I had these chilaquiles that were super delicious and their chips and salsa were really good. I am kind of picky about chips and salsa.

Sunday night I had book club at my house and then we watched the Oscars. I thought it was one of the best shows in years. Hugh Jackman did a great job. He is big on the Broadway scene and it really played like a Broadway show in parts, so of course I loved it. =)

This coming weekend is my shower in Dallas that my friends are throwing me so I am looking forward to that! Other than that, just getting bigger by the second and trying to get things together for Isabella's arrival. I will post some new belly pics soon I promise. I am gigantic.

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...