Friday, March 20, 2009

Buzz Agent Review: Neutrogena Makeup

This is my first review as a Buzz Agent and my first products were makeup from Neutrogena. I will start by saying I have never used any Neutrogena makeup and so I really had no preconceived notions. As a Buzz Agent I am supposed to be totally honest so here I go!

Healthy Volume Mascara -
I have a really hard time finding mascara that I like, so I tried this with the assumption that I probably wouldn't like it. I have a couple of strict guidelines. The first, I like to have a very full brush that separates each lash instead of spiraled brushes with just a few bristles that clump. So on this first point, the mascara passed with flying colors! The brush is awesome and each lash was easily separated. The second guideline is that it comes off easily with water. Well, this got pretty good marks on that. I mean no mascara really comes all the way off, but I hate to have to scrub my eyes with eye makeup remover to get it off and I didn't have to do that at all. As far as how it looked on, I think it looks great. It is a volumizing mascara and I would say it does its job well. I personally am more of a fan of lengthening mascara and it doesn't really lengthen that much, but that isn't its job, so if you like volumizing mascaras, I would totally recommend it.

Mineral Sheers Concealer Kit -
This was my least favorite product. It is a creamy concealer that you put over blemishes or under eyes and then you pat it with a powder to set it. Well the concealer I didn't think blended very well in the first place, and then patting it with powder just made my skin look dry and brought out the lines around my eyes. So I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Nourishing Eye Quad in Tea Biscuit -
I started out thinking I was not going to like this eye shadow. I don't usually wear brown and when I do it is very shimmery. These were mostly mattes and I just didn't think it would look good on me. But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I followed their little guide on the back on how exactly everything should be applied and I thought it looked great! I didn't want to jump to any conclusions, because some days you know you just have good makeup days? But I have worn it a few days now and I always like it. I would highly recommend this.

Nourishing Eye Liner -
This eye liner came in brown sugar and it went on very smoothly. It was a great accompaniment to the eye shadow they sent. However, it does not go on very dark. I usually only wear eye liner at night and when I wear it I usually want it to be a pretty dark line. This was more of a day wear eye liner, and I just don't really wear eye liner during the day much. But having said that, it was very pretty and easy to put on!

Ok, so that is my first review as a Buzz Agent. I hope you liked it and feel free to comment away or ask questions. I also have several coupons for this makeup that they gave me so if you want one, post a comment and I will find a way to get it to you!

1 comment:

cd0103 said...

I joined Buzz agent a few weeks ago. My first review was Sinus Wash. I am jealous you got makeup.

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...