Thursday, March 19, 2009

What Have I Been Up To?

So I took a bunch of pictures of the nursery and my latest belly shot and such and then I realized my memory card wasn't in the camera. And now I can't find it anywhere! So I will just have to describe all the progress I have made and will post pictures later.

This past weekend, while not officially St. Paddy's day, is when the city of Dallas celebrates. They have a big parade and you basically start early and play all day and wear green and have lots of fun. I am a big fan of any holiday where you have to dress up, such as Halloween, and yeah you don't technically wear a costume or anything, but the fact that I have to find something green totally counts. I also am not a night person so any holiday where you celebrate mostly during the day also get extra points. Add to the fact that I don't hate beer and you have a really great holiday in my opinion. So I usually look very forward to St. Patrick's Day. This year wasn't quite as great only because it was a) freezing outside, so no parade for me! and b) I am not allowed to drink in my current condition. But I did get to wear my green headband that makes an appearance annually so it wasn't all bad.

Jason braved the cold with some of our friends for the parade and I instead took a nap in my nice warm bed until they went to Jessica and Chris's to grill out. I met them down there and had a tasty hot dog and lots of chips and dip, then me and Gaby decided to go get stuff for s'mores since the Jordan's had a fire pit going. So we spent a good amount of time roasting marshmallows and making s'mores. It was really a fun day, just felt more like something I should be doing for Thanksgiving rather than SPD. We also played poker for a while and then switched to Apples to Apples, which I am still not convinced is that fun, though so many people seem to love it.

Sunday Jason and I had vowed to be super productive so we spent most of the day in the nursery. Jason hung letters and towel racks and fixed the changing table to where the wipe warmer can sit inside and still be plugged in through the back. I finished washing Isabella's things and completely organized the dresser and hutch how I wanted it. I also got the diaper bag all stocked and ready to go and figured out how to use my breast pump. (Sorry if that is TMI, I promise not to go in to too much detail about these things in the future =) ). We also got the car seat installed in the car and it was way easier than we thought it would be. I am waiting on my car seat protectors to come in from Target so we will just have to do it all over again, but that's ok. I also ordered my bath tub from Babies R Us as well as another car seat base for Jason's car. So really the only things left are to hang a couple of things in the nursery, but we have to wait until the rocker comes in to make sure we know where it will go. Should be here very soon. They said middle of March so...

I also started packing my hospital bag. I have a bunch of pjs and stuff and also ironed Bella's dress she will wear home. Jason and I are currently debating whether she should go home in an adorable yellow gingham dress with ruching at the top and a cute headband and tiny adorable socks where everyone at the hospital will ooh and ahh over her on the way out, or whether she should wear a boring onesie because it might be more comfortable and easier for the 30 minutes she will be in the car on the way home. Guess which one I am voting for. =) Guess which one is more likely to win. =) Anyway, so just have to finish packing that up and get Jason's stuff in there as well.

Last night I put together the pack and play, which is the same on my friend Lacey has and I think really cute. It is now sitting in our living room since there is really no where else to put it. Also, last night we FINALLY FINALLY got the glass door for our shower installed. The tile had been done for three weeks and we had just been waiting on the door. Apparently they broke the glass twice or something so that's why it took so long. But it is in now and it looks great and I am SO glad not to have to shower in the guest bathroom anymore. I was also waiting for this to be done so I could start my deep cleaning of the house. I realize I could have started any time but seems like contractors drag in lots of dirt and dust so I wanted to wait. So from now on every day I am going to try to clean, maybe not a whole room, but at least part of a room really really well. Tonight I am starting with the guest bath since we have been living out of it for a month and it is DIRTY. Plus I have my mom and mother in law coming to stay soon so they will need it squeaky clean! I figure if I can get every room in the house really clean in the next couple of weeks, maybe I won't worry about how dirty the house is in the next couple of months. I already told Jason I wasn't going to cook or clean for two months after the baby is born. At least that way there is no expectation from him or even from myself.

Ok, so this blog is way longer than I intended, but we have just been very busy lately! I will post pictures of everything once I find my SD card. No idea where that thing wandered off to. Ciao!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...