Monday, March 23, 2009

The Weekend

I apologize I still don't have pictures of the nursery to update you with. My SD card has run away and I don't believe it is coming back. I meant to buy one this weekend, but totally forgot. But I promise to get one this week!

This weekend was fun and busy and productive! Friday night we went over to Jarrett and Gab's for grilling out and the boys wanted to watch basketball. Seems there is some tournament on right now... So we ate some hot dogs and and chips and queso and cookies and then Jason and I headed home because we had to get up early for our Breastfeeding class at the hospital in the morning.

Jason was SO looking forward to this class. =) Not really, but most people had their husbands with them, so I was glad he came. He wanted to go to the Arboretum after that because he has joined this photography group who was going to be there practicing their skills. However, we were running sort of late to it, so we decided to go see the new Whole Foods in Lakewood and get stuff for a picnic there instead. Neither of us have ever been to the Arboretum, can you believe that? So we go and the parking lot is full so we drive over to the shuttle parking. We go to get in line for the shuttle and realize the line is about a mile long and that it will be probably an hour before we get on. So we give up and end up driving over by Winfrey Point on White Rock Lake to have our picnic. The weather was awesome and we just watched people running and biking while we pigged out. After that we went home, took a nap and then got ready for dinner and a movie. I had a gift card to Macaroni Grill so we went there and ate and then went to see I Love You, Man. It was so hilarious and I think I liked it better than Jason a little bit. Not sure why, since it is sort of a guy movie, but oh well!

So we got to have a lovely Saturday of couple-dom to try and make up for all the free time we won't have in coming months. It was really nice and relaxing and fun. But then Sunday came and then it was time for productivity! We got up and went to early church and then had some lunch at Gloria's. Once we got home we were in 'go' mode and so I started cleaning out cabinets and continued my deep clean of the house by totally organizing and dusting and vacuuming etc, the guest bedroom. So now when my mom and mother in law come to stay they will have a spotless bedroom and bathroom! Hopefully I can keep them that way for a couple weeks. =) Also did some other stuff around the house while Jason cleaned out the garage and got all his lawn stuff together and ready to go. I don't think he has mowed in like two years and now that we are tightening the purse strings we can't pay someone to do it. So he got all his mowing stuff fixed up and mowed the yard and it looks great! I know he hates doing it, but I love him for doing it anyway. =)

So last night we were both EXHAUSTED! My back is really killing me lately so an entire day of housework did not help and I know Jason was tired from being out in the sun all day. I had thrown a pot roast together before church so we ate that for dinner - delicious if I do say so myself! - and then Jason watched Body of Lies downstairs while I went upstairs and watched The Big Sleep, an old Bogart/Bacall movie. Jason came up and watched basketball and rubbed my poor little aching back while I went to sleep, pretty sure by 9:30.

So it was a great weekend and now I am officially 37 weeks, which is considered full term!! The baby could literally come any time, and with these weird feelings that she is coming early I am trying to be prepared for anything. This is my last week of work before I start maternity leave so I am just wrapping things up at work and trying to get my hospital bag packed and ready to go at a moments notice! I think my mom freaks out every time I call her now. =) Knowing me, though, she will go as far past her due date that my doctor will allow! I don't know that I will ever be 'ready' for her to be here, but I am SO ready to not be pregnant anymore. I will miss feeling her kick and stuff, but I will not miss the backaches and sleepless nights. Haha, oh wait I forget the sleepless nights have only just begun. =)

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...