Monday, April 28, 2008

Getting Ready...

Well, we leave for Italy in 4 days. We will be there May 1 - 14, then we'll head up to Munich until May 17, then home. We fly from DFW to Frankfurt, then Frankfurt to Rome. We have about a 6 hour layover in Frankfurt so I think we are going to head out of the airport and try to find some schnitzel or some other yummy German food while we are there.

I think I have gotten just about everything I need, except a pedicure =). I practiced packing my backpack last week and to my surprise, everything fit! I couldn't believe it. I even had a tiny bit of spare space so that will be good. The dollar has even gotten stronger in the last few days so I take that as an omen to do a lot of shopping while we are there. I will probably end up way overpaying for things I could find in the states anyway if I tried, but when people ask where I got my shoes and I can say 'Italy', it will be worth it. ;)

I am really going to try to update this as much as possible, with pics if possible, so keep checking back. We will also try to check email as well. I seriously can't wait. I am going to eat my weight in pasta. If I don't come back 10 pounds heavier I can pretty much count my trip as a failure. =)

See you all when we get back!!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...