Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Stansbury of the East

So Sunday was the day we were leaving, but we had until about 2. So we took the T out to the Harvard Square stop. It was cold and rainy, so we just found somewhere to eat lunch as fast as possible. We ended up in some place called John Harvard's Brew House, which I am guessing is the school's name sake. I feel bad for not having done my homework. =/

Anyway, we ate there then walked towards Harvard to look around the campus. Well we walked a few blocks, very quickly to stay warm, and realized Harvard looks like every other campus in the world, except it has a big river next to it with guys rowing boats. Most of it was closed off anyway so we couldn't really do much. We did keep our eye out for a few Good Will Hunting scenes, but never saw any.

So that's it. After that we basically headed to the airport and flew home. We were really lucky not to be affected by the MD80s being grounded since both my flights were on one. I am glad to be back in warm weather. I could never live up north, although it is fun to visit. I think we might have enjoyed it more had it been warmer and dryer, but still fun.

So next up in my life - leaving for Italy in 9 days!! I seriously cannot wait. I feel like I am already in vacation mode, which is not good when I am at work! Life has been stressful in the last few months and 17 days in another country is just what I need I believe. The goal is to write here as much as possible while we are there, so stay tuned! I will do my best to post pictures as well.

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...