Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bella Boo Bear

That is my latest nick name for her. I have had a new one about every week since she was born. She is almost ONE YEAR OLD. I cannot believe it! I will have to write a 'remembering the year' in about a month, but for today I just wanted to update on what she has been up to, besides being the cutest baby alive.

She is playing peek a boo. She puts her hands somewhere on her head - they don't have to be covering her face necessarily - then takes them off real fast and we say 'peekaboo!' and she smiles real big. Then does it again. And again.

She also has a new face. She furrows her brow like she is either very displeased or concerned by something you are doing. She has, obviously, been upset before and made faces to convey that, but this face is new and she does it all the time. Something about it just looks very grown up, like she is trying to really look at you and say 'why, exactly, are you doing what you are doing?'

She also loves to play in the toilet. Gross? Indeed, which is why we are installing the toilet baby-proof things asap. She has learned how to lift the lid up and can have it up and her hand in the water before I can blink. So as soon as she goes that way I immediately just put my foot on the lid so she can't open it. She throws little fits and tries to push it off, but finally she gives up and crawls away. Or does she? She has also gotten sneaky. She acted like she was over it and started crawling away so I turned around to do something and then within two seconds she had gotten back over and had the lid up! So I got wise to her today and when she feigned apathy at the situation and crawled away, I waited for her to really go off to something else. But about three crawls in, she stops and turns around to see if I have left yet. Sneaky! But I am sneakier. =-)

She is just getting so much more fun every day. She can stand on her own and has taken a single step a few times, but mostly takes a step toward something she can grab to steady herself. We went to the Arboretum last week on a beautiful day to take pictures of her. I think she got a little fussy after a bit and you know kids won't just sit still and pose for you, but we got some cute pictures. Once Jason puts his finishing touches on them I will post some. I just wanted to write about the new fun things she is doing so I don't forget!!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...