Saturday, March 27, 2010

Buzz Agent Report - Mahatma Rice

I have written a couple of reports before, but it has been a while so I will recap. I am a Bzz Agent for this website - bzzagent.com. I am matched up with products they think I would be likely to use and I am supposed to use them and give my HONEST opinion about them. Then I tell my friends about them!

My latest buzz campaign is for Mahatma Rice. I was sent some basmati and jasmine rice and given some ideas on ways to cook them. I have made three dishes so far so I wanted to share my thoughts.

First thing I made was a recipe that they had sent to me to use with the jasmine rice. It was a Spanish rice and I made it to go along with pork chops and glazed carrots. It was delicious! I had never used jasmine rice before so I kind of thought it wouldn't work for a Spanish dish. I thought the dish would smell and taste almost perfume-ish? That is the only way I had ever used jasmine at least. But it didn't at all, there was a great tomato garlic taste and it went great with the pork and veggies.

The second time I made it was not quite as successful, but this time I branched out on my own for a recipe. It was pretty simple, just added some onion and salt and pepper basically. It wasn't awful or anything, just kind of bland. I will probably stick to their suggested recipes from now on.

The last thing I have made was the basmati rice. Jason and I LOVE to go to Roti Grill - either in Uptown or Plano - and get the chicken masala, Texas size, with naan and basmati rice. I figured it couldn't be that hard to make, so I found a chicken masala recipe that got good reviews online and made it. Then I just made the basmati rice according to the directions on the box. The chicken recipe was good, a little too much salt and not enough sauce, but that isn't what I was really testing. The rice was great. It tasted just like it did in the restaurant and went great with the chicken. I will definitely use it again and try to tweak that recipe just a bit for the masala.

Another perk of being a buzz agent is that I get a bunch of coupons for these products. So if you are interested in a coupon for Mahatma rice, comment below or email me and I will happily mail you some coupons!

2 comments:

ann said...

would really want to try their rice.we eat rice a lot.I am not sure whether its available everywhere.I live in NY.

ann said...

my email id is visitme27@yahoo.com

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...