Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Love Productivity

If anyone knows me they know that I am a very organized type person. I make lists for everything. I hate clutter and rarely just sit around and do nothing. I really like being productive. Well the last two weekends have been molto produttivo and I love it! I already wrote about how we painted the nursery last weekend along with Jason's parents. This weekend my parents and Amanda and Jared came up to help us get some more stuff ready for Isabella. We met them at their hotel on Saturday and had breakfast and then the boys headed towards the house and the girls went shopping. =)

Mom, Amanda and I started our day going to Lone Star Baby, where I am registered for my crib bedding. Mom and Dad were going to get that for me so we went to get that and to also look for a dresser and hutch for the nursery. We had fun looking around and then completely forgot to get the bedding! We then went to Northpark to do a little shopping and to also get a refreshment from one of my new favorite places Orange Cup. My friend Sejal told me about it a few weeks ago and it is DELICIOUS. It is frozen yogurt, but like real good for you yogurt, not the one step away from being ice cream yogurt. It is all natural and has the live cultures and there are three different flavors that you can either blend with fruits like a smoothie or just have topped with fruit. My favorite is the acaiberry yogurt topped with blueberries. SO YUMMY!

Anyway, I digress. After the mall we headed up to Babies R Us. This has become a danger zone for me lately. I have been going a lot and can't seem to get out of there without buying something. They have been having clearance sales on baby clothes, which she'll obviously need, and then 30% off those prices! I mean what a deal right? Here are some pics of cute clothes I and the grandmothers have bought in the last couple of weeks. =)


Are those the cutest things you've ever seen? =)

So after Babies R Us, we went up to the Lone Star Baby in Frisco since we were getting closer to that one by this point. Plus they didn't have some of the stuff I wanted to show them at the one in Dallas anyway. So we got Bella's bedding and I also ended up finding a dresser and hutch that I loved! They said it was going to take about two months to get it so we went ahead and ordered it. Here is a picture of it that I found online in case you are interested. It is the dresser and hutch on the left...
It totally matches our crib and changing table so now we have all our furniture!! Now, the plan was for the boys to put together the crib while we were gone so we could come home and put on the bedding and take lots of pictures to show all you fine folk, but it was not in the cards. Apparently the main brackets that hold everything together were missing from the box. Annoying and weird, but now I am sort of glad because we are getting new carpet soon and we would just have to take it apart probably. So once we get new carpet we will put everything together and I promise to take lots of pictures.

Sunday we went to church and had some barbecue and then headed home and basically cleaned and cleaned out the house for a few hours. Jason took down Christmas lights and I cleaned out our laundry room. I think I am in that 'nesting' phase, because I feel the need to clean out and organize every room and cabinet in our house right now. Goodwill is very fond of us right now. =) We also cleaned the downstairs really well since we were having company that night. Wes and Beth were in from Tulsa visiting family and friends. It was really good to see them and their son Hank. It has been so long since we have seen their little guy, I can't believe how big he has gotten! We got to hang out and go eat some Mexican food with them, so that was a great end to a nice weekend.

Last week I was feeling a little overwhelmed and worrying that I will never get everything done in time for the baby, but we are so lucky to have such great families and Jason helped me out so much this weekend. It makes me feel a lot more prepared, at least more than I was last week. I know we still have a lot to do, but at least we are getting closer!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...