Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Ice Storm Cameth

Jason and I are working from home this morning because of this crazy ice storm that came through Dallas last night. It was sleeting during a lot of the night and this morning it was 19 degrees! My Texas temperament is not used to this at all so being able to work from my nice warm pajamas is great for me. =) My office didn't even open until 10, so no one from my team went to work. The roads are totally iced over and we have just been watching the news all morning. A lot of cars are just stopped on the road because they figured out too late that it was a bad idea to get out. Here are some pics from our window and out the front door. Too cold to actually get out in the yard!


It doesn't look that bad from these pics, but our front walk is completely iced over!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...