Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Nice, Relaxing Weekend

This past weekend was the first really relaxing weekend I have had in a while. Seems like the entire Fall was so busy. We had something every weekend for at least a month before Christmas and then the past couple weekends we had family in town to help us do baby stuff. Which is awesome and I love those weekends too, but it was nice to just have some down time.

So Friday night we went over to the Reed's house and the Jordan's came over too and we grilled out. When we got there the weather was awesome at about 75 degrees. Perfect grilling out weather! After some steaks and a few rounds of trivia on PS3 we headed home and it was probably closer to 40 degrees. I swear, Texas weather!

Saturday we slept until the dogs thought they couldn't wait another second to eat, so until about 7. Then we got up and around and went to look for a place to get carpet. I had a list of about 5 places to check out, but by the time we got to one that wasn't open and then talked to a guy at another we were starving so we went and ate at Twisted Root in Deep Elum. If you haven't been there you should try it out. They have the best burgers, and even if you aren't a meat eater, they have the most delicious onion rings and they have a different brew of root beer every day. Saturday it was an amaretto flavored one. YUM! Then Jason had a genius idea and took me to Sprinkles for a cupcake. Sweets are my biggest craving and he had brought me one the other day, but Gretta got a hold of it before I got to eat it all. =( So I had a red velvet cupcake and some milk. Heaven I tell you!

We ran by Northpark to pick something up and then by this time I am exhausted. I am in my third trimester now and am starting to get tired very easily again. So we headed home and took about a 2 and 1/2 hour nap. It was glorious. Then Saturday night was Jason's company party down in the West End at the place Planet Hollywood used to be. He was a total sweetheart and surprised me by getting a room at The Joule hotel downtown. Like I said, I get tired easy and he knew I probably wouldn't want to stay up late partying. So the party was fun and I am proud to say I stayed until 11:30! That was when everyone left and went to the Ghost Bar - apparently they were all on 'the list' so they were pretty excited to check it out. I figured I would pass and get some sleep instead. So I just went back, had a long shower and watched Cast Away until about 1.

Sunday we slept until 9 o clock! That is a record for us. Helps not to have dogs waking you up early. =) Then we ordered room service and just laid around until checkout time. It was so nice. When we are home I am always up and at 'em with things to do around the house, so it was great to just be able to relax. The rest of the day was pretty lazy. Looked at some more carpet and went grocery shopping. Watched The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio. Nice weekend all in all.

I promise to post more belly pics soon. I am getting humongous and Isabella is kicking me all the time. I only have 11 weeks left! I can't believe that. I am kind of freaking out with all the stuff I know we have to do. Once we get the carpet in we can really get going. Talk to y'all soon!

No comments:

Driving Up to Mount Cook

After a wonderful and too short time in Wellington, the next morning we boarded a plane to Queenstown.  Now, the whole time we had either be...